- with S.A., context is everything
- S.A. does well with web pages
- S.A. does nothing for Tweets (beyond the very basic smiley detection)
- computers don’t understand sarcasm
- “positive”, “negative”, and “neutral” are not enough for business purposes
- “negative” sentiment may indicate a positive opportunity, and vice versa (again, industry context)
Btw, after recently analyzing 1,000,000 web objects related to a particular topic, we noticed that regardless of the vendor, “Legal Disclaimer”, “Terms & Conditions”, and “Warranty” documents would almost universally be tagged as Negative. Makes sense.