1. Russia had previously declared Bitcoin illegal. It has just recently softened its stance, and, judging from the prevalence of Russian language tweets in our Bitcoin data sets, the Russians are now all over the cryptocurrency. Based on volume alone, they are now dominating #bitcoin social media conversations.
2. new cryptocurrencies are continuing to emerge; latest example is Latium – claiming to be the fist and only cryptocurrency network (no mining required).
3. Dogecoin is dead. Wow, really.
4. Snoop Dogg‘s comment about Bitcoin remains the highest retweeted comment
5. Canada hasn’t warmed up to Bitcoin yet – very few Canadian tweets on the subject.
More to come.